Thursday, July 29, 2010

Keane - Las Vegas


Well I am in Love....with the House of Blues as a venue.  The sound was great and the show was even better!!!  Fran Healy (from Travis) opened on acoustic guitar and was a joy to watch.  (Anyone who knows me knows I am a total sucker for British bands of any sort).  Followed closely by Ingrid Michaelson who was wonderful.  She was witty and had some really catchy tunes (similar in style to Sara Bareilles and dare I say Sarah McLachlan).  The main attraction (for me that is) was of course the headliner Keane.  Is it any Wonder?...they put on an awesome show.  I am soooooooo glad I jumped on tickets for this as I was pretty disappointed a year ago when I missed them at Kingsbury Hall.  Show was well worth the drive...not to mention the quick vacation in Vegas. 

Stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and OMG I have not seen that many beautiful, young people converge in one place in my life.  I seriously felt like a senior citizen basking out by the ReHab pool (not to mention a few cup sizes too small and shades too white).  Nonetheless had a nice soak/swim in the HOT summer day.  I ended the day with a trip to the old part of Vegas (and cheaper section too) The Golden Nugget and Fremont Street experience.


No comments: