Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Disneyland Vacation Part 1

Well for our summer vacation the our little family went to Disneyland. Jennie's parents and grandmother came along with us. It has been over 15 years since I last visited the Happiest Place on Earth, almost as long for Jennie and neither of the kids had ever been there. Nana, Jennie's grandmother, has been asking to take Katie since she was born. So we took our George Bush money and went. We decided to fly rather than drive. This was the first time the kids had ever flown before too.

As some of you reading the blog may know, my dad was a Disney fanatic. So much so that growing up that was a pretty much the only place our family ever vacationed. Growing up I really resented this and always wanted to travel to non-Disney location. This is why I resisted for so long to go back. So I pretty much had it in my mind that I would not have a good time, and that I was only there for my kids.

Well it turns out I was wrong. I had a great time reliving all my childhood memories and an even greater time seeing my kids there. Both Katie and Junior had a great time as did all of us. Junior may have been more fascinated with the minifridge in the hotel room and running down the halls at the hotel than in anything in Disneyland.


Here are the many, many pictures:

Checking in our many bags.

Junior and his favorite flying buddy.



Junior and Nana at Long Beach.


Katie really liked the baggage claim carousel.




"Who going to Disneyland?"


In the rental car.




A video of Junior calling the statue of Mickey "Elmo", I guess he is still learning.


In the shuttle on our way to our first day in the park.



This years theme.



They forgot to add, "and where bottled water costs $2.75."



This is my magic car. It's how the old and gimpy get around.



Katie still smilin' at lunch time.



Junior at lunchtime.



We saw Elmo in the parade.



Junior was kind enough to share his snacks.



The light on in the window means that Walt Disney's ghost is still haunting Disneyland.



On the second day in the park we rode Finding Nemo.



And this is all we saw. No just kidding, it was a great ride.



Then we went to Goofy's Kitchen to meet characters.



The food was pretty good, a little pricey but good.



We saw Goofy



Mulan



Chip and Dale (not pictured)



On the way out we ran into last year's America's Homecoming Queen.



The next day we rode Dumbo.



and the Carousel



Katie named her horse Angel.



We then bought Katie some stuff at the Princess Store or Cassidy's Store as I call it.



Katie then got to meet her favorite Princess Ariel!



Statue of Walt and Mickey



Junior playing with the big ball in Tomorrowland.



"Look at the camera, James."



We rode Autotopia. This will be the only time that Grandpa will be in a car that Katie is driving.



"Hey Nana, don't hit that Monorail."



Mama and baby


"Go get the stroller, it's the green one over there."



This is a brick out side of Disneyland that my Mom had placed to honor our family's Disney memories.



I took a few pictures in California Adventure.




Grizzly Rapids Mill at night.

California Screamin' at night.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your kids are so grown up and so so cute. Wow- looks like so much fun. We took our kids there last year and can't wait to go back. HOW AWESOME!